Last Modified: June 22, 2022
AnzuBridge, LLC and our affiliates (“Anzu”, “we”, or “us”) provides websites/web apps (each, a “Site”) and mobile applications (each, a “Mobile App”) that facilitate administration of clinical research studies and clinical trials (each a “Study”), including by allowing study participants or patients to input data, and allowing Study administrators (including, for example, principal investigators, research coordinators, research associates and other clinical professionals) to view and organize data from study participants and input and manage other data relating to the Study (together with the Site and Mobile App, the “Services”). We describe our affiliates in the ‘How We Share Your Personal Information’ section below.
The Services are intended for use solely in connection with your participation in or administration of an approved sponsor’s Study.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide. We collect the following categories of personal information that you may provide to us:
- Contact details and authentication, such as your first and last name, email, phone number, and your authentication credentials, including if you enable biometric authentication through your mobile device.
- Biographical and demographic information, such as date of birth, age, gender, and other similar information you may provide.
- Communications and support tickets, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
Automatic data collection. We automatically log information about you, your device, and your interaction over time with the Services, our communications and other online services, using cookies and other similar technologies, such as pixel tags, web beacons, and software development kits. We collect the following categories of information:
- Online activity data,such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.
- Device data,such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, and general location information (derived from IP address) such as city, state/province or geographic area.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Services, evaluate whether you might qualify to participate in certain clinical trials or research studies, and manage and deliver our Services;
- communicate with you about the Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Services and our communications; and
- provide support for the Services, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services, identify usage trends, and operate and expand our business activities. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the Terms of Service and other terms and conditions that govern the Services; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Health care partners. If you participate in a Study, we share your information with the health care providers with whom we partner, including the sponsors of Studies and clinical research organizations.
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, and analytics services).
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving without limitation, a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Anzu (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings) in accordance with applicable law.
How We Retain Personal Information
Transfer of Personal Information
Anzu is based in the United States. Your Personal Information may be processed or stored on servers or cloud providers located outside of the jurisdiction in which such information was originally collected. As a result, your Personal Information may be subject to the laws of such foreign jurisdiction and may be accessible without notice to you by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
Use of Automated Systems
We may use both manual and automated systems, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, to: analyze your personal information and other information to improve our Services; make decisions; personalize your experience; automate certain aspects of our Sites and Mobile Apps; aggregate, de-identify or anonymize your personal information; provide you certain features; and protect the safety and security of our Services.
Your privacy rights will be dependent on the laws applicable in the jurisdiction in which you reside, as such all of the following choices may not be available to you.
Access to information. To keep your information accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services.
Deletion and objection. You may request that we delete your personal information by contacting us as provided below.
Withdrawal of consent. Where we have obtained your consent to collect, use and share your personal information, you may withdraw your consent to the collection, use or sharing of personal information at any time upon reasonable notice provided in writing, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. Withdrawing your consent may affect our ability to continue providing you with the Services where the continued use and disclosure of your personal information is necessary for the provision of the Services. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent, we may retain some personal information for certain legal, security, and business needs.
How to submit a request. You may submit a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask for specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. If you are a California resident, you can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on your behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with applicable laws.
Limits on your choices: In some instances, your choices may be limited, such as where fulfilling your request would impair the rights of others, our ability to provide a service you have requested, or our ability to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
While we may collect information about children from their parents or legal guardians, we do not intentionally collect information from children under the age of 16 through the Services. If we learn that we have collected personal information from children under the age of 16 through the Services, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Contact Us